The best part of springtime is Easter. 春天是一年中最美好的时光。——有误。
I always used to wonder if I dreamed in color我一直不知道为什么梦不到颜色——?
提个意见,这种绘本,是读给孩子们听的,翻完了,也大声读读,看看翻的顺不顺,读过了,就知道了。
Clifford’s Happy Easter 克利福德快乐的复活节
1. Hi! I’m Emily Elizabeth, and I love spring. So does my dog Clifford. 嗨,我是艾米莉•伊丽莎白。我喜欢春天,我的大狗克利福德也喜欢。
2. The best part of springtime is Easter. 复活节是春天里最美好的时光。
3. Last spring Mom and Dad bought us a lot of eggs to color for the big Easter egg hunt. 去年春天,爸爸妈妈给我们买了很多鸡蛋让我们绘制,为复活节找蛋活动做准备。
4. On the day before Easter, I dyed the eggs, Clifford wanted to help. Poor Clifford. He wasn’t very good at painting eggs. 在复活节的前一天,我给蛋染色。克利福德也想帮忙,可是可怜的克利福德并不擅长做这事。
5. So Clifford help by watching me decorate the eggs. He’s a good watcher. 所以克利福德只是在一旁看着我装饰鸡蛋,他更适合观看。
6. When I went to bed that night, I fell asleep dreaming about Easter eggs. 那晚我睡着后梦见复活节的彩蛋。
7. It was a beautiful dream. Clifford was stirring a gaint tub of dye while I tossed in the eggs. 梦境真的很美妙——我往染缸里放蛋,克利福德搅拌。
8. But then Clifford lost his balance! He tumbled into the tub of dye. 但是克利福德身体一下子失去了平衡,跌进了染缸里。
9. Something surprising began to happen… 接下来发生了奇怪的事情……
10. Suddenly Clifford was bright green! 突然克利福德浑身变成了嫩绿色。
11. It was just like St. Patrick’s Day. 就好像是圣帕特里克节时的装扮。
12. Then he turned sunshine-yellow!This was becoming a very strange dream. 然后他又变成了金黄色,此时梦变得越来越怪。
13. I grabbed a brush and began to dab on purple polka dots. Clifford looked good in polka dots, but— 我拿起刷子在大狗身上涂出许多紫色的圆点花纹,克利福特这样看起来很好看,但是——
14. ---they didn’t last long. The purple dots turned into squares, and Clifford looked like… 没过多久,这些紫色的圆点就变成了方形,克利福德看起来像。。。
15. …. a gaint checkerboard! I didn’t like that. I threw on some more dye. 一个巨大棋盘!我并不喜欢那个样子,就继续添加染料。
16. Clifford started to change colors again. 克利福德又开始变色了。
17. Now he was red, white and blue! 现在他身上已有红、白、蓝三种颜色了。
18. I always used to wonder if I dreamed in color. Now I know. 我想知道我是否做过有色彩的梦。现在我记住了这个彩色的梦。
19. This was too much. 只是这次颜色有些太多了。
20. I tried to scrub the dye off Clifford. I was getting frantic… 我使劲地想擦掉克利福德身上的染料,变得有些狂乱……
21. …. Then I woke up. It was Easter Morning, and the sun was shining. 然后就醒了,那是复活节的早晨,阳光明媚。
22. I ran out to see Clifford. That goodness he looked just the same as always. Good old Clifford. 我跑出去看克利福德。谢天谢地,他还是老样子——友好的克利福德。
23. We joined my friends and set off on the Easter egg hunt. 我们和朋友一道出去找彩蛋。
24. We looked high. 我们看看高处。
25. We looked low. 我们再看看低处。
26. Clifford looked in places I wouldn’t have thought of. 克利福德查看我们想不到的地方。
27. No hiding place was missed. 可没有错过任何一个地方。
28. Sometimes Clifford went a little too far. 克利福德有时有点过分。
29. His hard work helped. We ended up with heaps of eggs… 他的努力很有成效,我们收获了一堆堆的彩蛋。
30. … which we shared with our friends. After all, friends are what make Easter a happy day. 我们和朋友一起分享了这一切。毕竟,是朋友才使复活节变成快乐起来。
The best part of springtime is Easter. 春天是一年中最美好的时光。——有误。
I always used to wonder if I dreamed in color我一直不知道为什么梦不到颜色——?
提个意见,这种绘本,是读给孩子们听的,翻完了,也大声读读,看看翻的顺不顺,读过了,就知道了。
其实,译文放在这里就是想向大家取经。谢谢你的意见。
这次译得有些匆忙而且没有进行校译,以后一定注意。 不过您提到的两句我已改正,尤其是第二句,问了一位外籍同事。